Help Me Miss Jessie

I have tried to maintain my natural hair in as economical a manner as possible, as evidenced by my attempts at  homemade curling pudding. But I have finally reached a point where my hair is not responding positively to any of my frugal methods. So, I am going to give Miss Jessie's curly pudding a try. I know, it 's hard to believe, right? You know I must be in a very tough place with my hair to have come to this conclusion.

Disappointment can be Expensive
I might have tried Miss Jessie's sooner. But I was so disappointed after paying so much money for Kinky Curly products and all they did was dry my hair out WORSE than it already was. I didn't really want to shell out that kind of money on something else and then wind up not being able to use the products again. So I pushed the thought of name brand curling pudding to the back of my mind.

Can a Girl Have it All?
Instead, I went with Carol's Daughter Hair Milk. I didn't like the product at first. But I quickly discovered that the issue was the way that I was applying the product, and not the product itself. The hair milk is great for moisturizing. However, it does not allow me to retain my curls and elongate them. I used to use shea butter for that. But over time shea butter was no longer my friend.

My Afro Puffs are Old


This was my SONG back in the day. I wonder if Lady of Rage ever tired of her puffs?

For months now I have felt that afro puffs are my only option because the shrinkage is so intense if I try to wear my hair down. Now my husband and I are both over those tired (albeit convenient) puffs. I have rocked rough and tough with my afro puffs a little too long (sorry, couldn't resist). So, I HAVE to take action. And after reviewing You Tube videos and reading numerous reviews (again), I am going with Miss Jessie. My only hope is that Miss Jessie will not let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment